PROVO TRAVEL GUIDE
We have both lived in Provo for several years now, and it never ceases to amaze us! There are always so many things going on that when it came time to put this travel guide together, we had such a hard time narrowing down our favorites! Especially when it came to the food. Without further ado, here are our favorite things to do, see, and eat!
Do and See
- Bridal Veil Falls - This is such a fun little hike and it's super beautiful! And free :)
- Shops at Riverwoods - There are so many cute shops to visit and the Provo Beach Resort is always so fun to go to. You can even get a little taste of Disneyland by getting yourself a Dole whip!
- BYU Campus - We are both BYU grads and we love visiting campus. There's so much history and yummy ice cream so it's definitely worth a visit. Also, if you go at the right time of the year, you can see students sleeping all over the place which is always a treat ;)
- BYU Football Game - Josh is a huge BYU fan and so football games are a must in our house. If you're not a football fan, don't fret! BYU has plenty of other sports that you can go watch. If you are a BYU student, you can even get yourself a ROC pass and it pays for most (if not all) of the home games for basketball, volleyball, and baseball.
- Historic Downtown Provo - There are so many fun shops and delicious food places that you can never get bored. Not to mention all of the events that Provo puts on there!
- Y Mountain - You can't go to Provo and not go up to Y mountain. There is such a great view of the valley and if you're lucky, you might even see the Y all lit up at night! If you decided to hike up to the Y, make sure you take water though.
- Velour - If you are a music-lover, this is a must see place while in Provo. They have concerts every week that are so much fun!
- Hruska's Kolaches - We LOVE Kolaches. They are so good. Our favorites are the 'Peaches and Cream Cheese' and 'Sausage, Egg, and Cheese'. Get there early before they sell out for the day!
- Guru's Cafe - Three words: sweet potato fries. We were so sad we forgot to order them when we made the video, but we highly recommend them. Just dip them in some fry sauce and you will see what we mean.
- Rockwell's Ice Cream - I'm not much of an ice cream person, but Rockwell's has converted me. The ice cream is so good! Little tip: you can get two flavors when you order a single scoop.
- Burger Supreme - Josh loves this place almost as much as he loves BYU sports. And me. But seriously, this place is so good! Charbroiled burgers are the way to go. And don't forget the fry sauce for your fries!
- Brick Oven - Good pizza and delicious root beer. Need I say more?
- J.Dawgs - Best. Hot Dogs. Ever. What they're really known for though is their special sauce which is amazing. Don't worry, they sell bottles of it for those midnight cravings.